Re: Document Management Systems

Subject: Re: Document Management Systems
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:03:16 -0700

Ms. Riordan wrote:

> Our company uses SourceSafe for managing source code, but
> I've been told that this isn't suitable for documents...

I've used SourceSafe for revision tracking and access control on many
projects. It does exactly the same thing for documents as it does for
source code and binaries--they're all just files.

Your company will like it because they probably have a site license for
it. You'll like it, because you'll have a lot of experienced users to
help you learn how to take advantage of all its features.

(No, I don't have a financial interest in SourceSafe. Yes, any good
revision tracking and access control tool that works for developers
would probably work just as well for writers. But you've already got
SourceSafe.)

--David

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com/
See our web site for news about HTML Indexer, the easiest way to
create and maintain indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=