Re: Can strong process create writers?

Subject: Re: Can strong process create writers?
From: Doug Nickerson <Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 08:56:14 -0500

Geoff Hart wrote:
I don't think anything external can create a writer: you have to have
the native talent and the will to work on developing that talent.
Nothing else is necessary. A supportive, mentoring environment can
certainly make the job easier, and an unsupportive, confusing,
hostile environment can certainly make the job harder, but it's the
person that makes all the difference in the world.

Nature.
colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM,Internet writes:
>Do you think that a strong documentation process can actually create a
>technical writer (entry-level) out of someone who shows potential for
>this field, yet has no real world experience? (let me know if you need
>more background info in order to respond...I'll elaborate, if
>necessary...)

Nuture.

Doug Nickerson
Bourne, MA.