Re: Front Page

Subject: Re: Front Page
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:59:11 -0800

Steven J. Owens wrote:

> The best web editors are the ones that don't try to hide the HTML
> entirely from the user, but simply try to make the experience less
> painful for non-programmers. HTML is not and was never designed to be
> a static, visual layout language.

Amen! I recommend BBEdit (http://www.barebones.com) for the Mac
and HomeSite (http://www.allaire.com) for Windows. I have no
interest in either of these companies--I just think they're the
best HTML editors for their respective environments.

In fact, we like HomeSite so much, we got permission from Allaire
to include the evaluation version of their latest release on our
HTML Indexer CD-ROM.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! (http://www.html-indexer.com/)

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=