Problem with WinHelp32 and MSAccess97

Subject: Problem with WinHelp32 and MSAccess97
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:31:59 -0700

A colleague reported an interesting problem with the help system for
Microsoft Access97: in both the original version, and the SR-2
update, she is able to open the help file once, but the second time
she tries, she gets a message that "this program [WinHelp32] has
performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". More details:
We're using Win95, and the problem occurs on multiple machines (but
only with Access), so it's not just an installation problem on her
machine.

I suspect that this question borders on being off-topic, so to bring
it back on topic, I'll expand the question: Is this a known problem
with WinHelp itself, or something that relates solely to Access?
Since I'll be starting work on a new WinHelp project later this
month, is it a problem I'll have to watch out for in my own project?
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=