Cross-platform help from FrameMaker Docs, display sizes

Subject: Cross-platform help from FrameMaker Docs, display sizes
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:01:54 -0800

I've submitted the link to my article about cross-platform help
previously (

But now, I've gotten rid of the annoying popup windows from Geocities in
the demo help itself.

I wrote this in UNIX framemaker, and it appears *exactly* as it comes
from Webworks Publisher 4.0 with two exceptions. I used Pagemill to
make the frameset and ensure the links from the various frames work

One request for feedback: I made the demo help
( using
large monitors (17" and 19"). I've changed the resolution on the PC
(19" monitor) to check its appearance on smaller displays, but can't
really tell if it's usable as-is. If it isn't usable on a smaller
display, it's easy enough to fix....

So, those of you with smaller monitors, what do you think?... (Please
reply directly, and I'll post a summary)

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications
-- Objective Systems Integrators
-- 110 Woodmere, Folsom, CA 95630