Bristol Caveat & Cross-platform help (was Robohelp 7.0)

Subject: Bristol Caveat & Cross-platform help (was Robohelp 7.0)
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:42:44 -0800

I second what Mr. Knopf wrote with one addition:

Not only is Bristol pricey, it doesn't work on UNIX's equivalent of
*.bmp files (*.xwd). If you're thinking of using it with FrameMaker
files that originated on UNIX, plan to exclude all graphics. Much easier
and cheaper: WebWorks (http://www.quadralay.com). Not a walk in the
park, but works with UNIX Frame files, and converts all graphics to
gifs.

For the whole cross-platform story, I recommend:
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1059/help.html

--
Regards,

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=