Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:42:15 -0500

Roy Jacobsen wrote:

> Hardware and software can and does fail. While I've been blissfully free
of
> the dreaded "blue screen of death" for the past several weeks, I know that
> it may strike at any time. Or I could have a head crash. Or my monitor
could
> fail. Or my online doc files could be corrupted. I've never had any of
these
> problems with a printed manual. Printed info that isn't dependant on
> failure-prone software and hardware is superior to online info that is.

Excellent point, Roy!

When I first purchased a copy of the MS MoS, the diskette was corrupted. I
couldn't read or copy any of the files on the disk. That meant no electronic
version of the document. Fortunately, I had paid good money for a printed
document and the online version was supposed to be the bonus.

Paul
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (paul -at- zks -dot- net)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge Systems, Inc.
+My employer knows better than to share my opinions+

I brake for animals,..if they're big enough to dent my car. -- Duckman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=