Re: Resizing Screens

Subject: Re: Resizing Screens
From: "Hyde, Barb # IHTUL" <Barb -dot- Hyde -at- TULSA -dot- CISTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:35:53 -0600

Doug,
Resizing and getting readable type is the pits. I've basically given up on
finding a utility and use a couple of workarounds, depending on the
situation. You may not be able to use them, but here they are:

I resize my target window in its program, put it in the upper left corner of
my screen, and use ALT+PrintScreen to copy it to the clipboard. Then paste
it right into dear old Paint. When the window is already small, the type
comes through fine.

Because our software reuses certain screen layouts a lot, I can take the
reduced graphic for an existing screen, erase the text and type new text to
make the new screen I need. (Small Fonts is a great font for this.) I have
found that this approach is faster than fiddling with resizing utilities to
get the type to carry over.