Re: Off Topic: Messages disappearing from the Inbox (Netscape)

Subject: Re: Off Topic: Messages disappearing from the Inbox (Netscape)
From: Wes Tracy <wtracy -at- IU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:34:06 -0500

Sylvia,

You might have inadvertently set the mail reader to display only UNREAD mail.
To check this, go to
View / Messages
and be sure ALL is selected (vs Unread).

Another possibility might be that you are overloading the capacity of the
reader. I don't know what that capacity might be, but 1,055 messages seems
like a bit much. You might consider moving many of them to folders or deleting
them.

Good Luck

Wes Tracy
<wtracy -at- spacey -dot- net>
Technical Writing Consultant

Sylvia Braunstein wrote:

> Hello:
> I am using Netscape Communicator 4.06.
> I did not change anything in my e-mail settings (at least I don't think
> so).
> Total messages displays 1055 messages, yet in the Inbox window 2
> messages are displayed. Messages disappear and I have no idea where.
> I checked out the subfolders, nothing there. I checked out the settings
> and cannot find anything wrong.
> Where are all the e-mails?
> Any ideas?
> Thank you