SUMMARY: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians

Subject: SUMMARY: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:00:18 -0500

A hearty thank you to all who responded to my query about how Canadian
audiences react to documentation written for a US audience. Everyone
made helpful and insightful comments. I especially appreciated Graham
White's and Geoff Hart's words on the subject. (Heck, I like hearing
from Geoff Hart at any time about any thing.)

in Canada, no modifications are necessary. For products equally
intended for US and Canadian audiences, modifications aren't necessary,
but are especially welcome. For products intended primarily for Canadian
audiences, writing in a Canadian style is strongly preferred.

Peace,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=