JOBS: Sr. Tech Writers, Seattle, WA

Subject: JOBS: Sr. Tech Writers, Seattle, WA
From: "Shawna G. Kennedy" <SGK -at- HARTCROWSER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:52:35 -0800

This posting is for a colleague, so send your replies to the email listed below.
_____________________

We have two openings for senior technical writers at IDX Systems
Corporation in Seattle, WA. If you are interested or know someone who might
be, please contact Leah James via email
(Leah_James -at- IDX -dot- com) or telephone (206-689-0956).

Documentation Team Leader
This person will manage the documentation process for our modular
healthcare software product. Our documentation set currently includes 48
manuals totaling more than 6,000 pages, plus Windows Help totaling more
than 2,000 topics. Manuals are authored in MS Word and delivered in Adobe
Acrobat format; Help is created using RoboHELP.

The Team Leader will also represent the 9 Seattle-based writers in
interactions with other departments and with documentation groups at our
offices in Burlington, VT, and Boston, MA. This position requires excellent
interpersonal and project management skills and a thorough understanding of
the writing process, including documentation standards, templates, and
tools.

Lead Technical Writer
This person will develop and maintain internal and external documentation
for the software implementation team. The position requires advanced
writing and editing skills, proficiency in MS Word, Acrobat, and RoboHELP,
the ability to work independently and on a team, and some travel to client
sites.

Note:
We are not currently using recruiting professionals for these positions.
Here is some information for recruiters:

IDX cannot accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals with
whom we do not have a signed agreement on file. Resumes received from
unknown recruiters or recruiting agencies must be discarded unread. Any
recruiting professionals interested in submitting resumes for our
consideration must first contact an HR representative to discuss the
possibility of establishing an official recruiting agreement.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000