Re: HTML & Browsers

Subject: Re: HTML & Browsers
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:43:22 +0100

Concerning the distribution of the IE4 browser engine, use this link:
http://ieak.microsoft.com/isvlicense.asp
It concerns the redistribution license, designed specifically for comapnies
that want to redistribute the Internet Explorer [IE] components,
the underlying engine and functionality, rather than redistributing a
browser.

With this you will be able to install the browser engine so you can take
advantage of the full capabilities of HTML Help and IE.

This browser engine license is called Microsoft Internet Explorer Operating
System Components license.
This process requires a series of steps that includes registering on the
site.

HTH

Jeroen Hendrix
PolyDoc
the Netherlands

mail to: jhe -at- polydoc -dot- com
Web: www.polydoc.com

"Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM> on 27-01-99 03:47:46 PM

Please respond to "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Jeroen Hendrix)

> Wanted to share with the group:

> distributed
> IE 4.x we could be sued by Microsoft. How have you done this without
> copyright issues??>>

I wasn't here when they did this, but the engineer tells me that
Microsoft still distributes IE 4 for free, and encourages companies to
distribute for them. You do need to register as a distributor. There's a
place on the Microsoft web site where you can do this, and they actually
give you a kit that helps you distribute, and even lets you customize it
with your company name and logo. You'll have to surf around on their
site a little bit, I don't know where it is.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=