Re: Java Help or Something Else?

Subject: Re: Java Help or Something Else?
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:49:51 -0600

Kathy;

Why not deliver the help as a collection of straight HTML files. Tie them
together from a default page or use a framed page with navigation in one
frame and selected pages in the other. If you keep formatting to a minimum
and use default fonts/settings, then the files should be viewable on a
variety of browsers

Later, you can straight HTML pages as source files to create HTMLHelp,
RoboHTML help, or whatever without having to reformat the source.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Staff Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://maps.intergraph.com

> Well, here is my problem...

<snip>

> I understand their concerns. But, I am in a time crunch. And the more time
> we spend on these issues, the less I have to work on CONTENT! (Sound
> familiar to anyone?) The way I see it: there will probably have to be some
> compromises and "throw away work" because JavaHelp will not be ready in
> time.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? I work with a great dev team, and we
> work
> well together. So, any suggestions that could help either side of this
> equation are much welcome. Please reply directly to me as I am on digest.
>
> Many thanks,
> Kathy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=