Writers reference: prepositions

Subject: Writers reference: prepositions
From: Paul Anderson <indus -at- CANUCK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:24:21 -0700

Fellow techwriters:
I've long been on the look out for a reference that specializes in
preposition usage. I find that my time away from English and English
speaking countries has made my 'instincts' for the correct preposition
unreliable.

Susceptible to / of
oblivious to / of
etc.

Most dictionaries I've looked at are haphazard at best in this regard,
generally limiting themselves to instances where there is more than one
correct possibility (as in the first case, above) depending on the
speaker's meaning.

Thanks, Paul Anderson
indus -at- canuck -dot- com

begin:vcard
n:Anderson;Paul
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:indus -at- canuck -dot- com
end:vcard