Re: Tool question: Non-contiguous selection

Subject: Re: Tool question: Non-contiguous selection
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:04:17 -0600

In our previous episode, Michael Smith said:
> Question: Does anyone know of a Windows or Unix authoring tool (DTP
> app, word-processor, or even text editor) that allows non-contiguous
> selection of text?

Word doesn't, but you can fake it if you're doing repetitive stuff.
It has the Spike, which lets you copy or move non-contiguous chunks of
text to memory, and then disgorge it elsewhere.

Also, there are various ways to mark chunks of text, and then you can
write macros to perform actions on the marked text.

FWIW, Excel lets you select non-contiguous text.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Long noun chains don't automatically imply security."
-- Bruce Schneier

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=