Re: PageMaker vs. Quark Express?

Subject: Re: PageMaker vs. Quark Express?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:10:44 +0100

Howard (and others),

it might be worthwile looking out for Adobe's new product which might be
formally introduced at the Seybold conference at the beginning of March.

MacWeek (http://www.macweek.com) has a list of features which sounds quite
impressive to me; and includes Quark import. And they say that they will
cost way less than Quark's XPress (where something new might be announced
at the Seybold conference as well).

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>I can (and have) used both to great effect. However, I do find it hard to
>get up to speed using PM (need a couple of days and, if possible, a
>co-worker who can jog my memory!). It's best summed up as a couple of days
>of "Argh! Why don't this work like Quark?".
>
>What did surprise me tho', considering Adobe's policies, is why they didn't
>bundle a Quark filter along with the comprehensive set that IS included
>with PM 6.0. However I do accept that this could have been a result of
>Quark saying "Nah, we don't want you to have it"--NB this is speculation,
>please don't take my work for it!

>It provides a good background, includes FrameMaker and isn't so long you
>can't read it and eat in a lunchbreak.
>
>http://www.ideography.co.uk/library/oldIDeAs.html
>
>howard

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=