Job Postings Revisited

Subject: Job Postings Revisited
From: Maurice King <benadam -at- CYBERDUDE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:57:31 -0500

There is something that I would like to see respected when posting job openings on TECHWR-L. There is no way to implement my suggestion except to rely upon the moral integrity of the persons posting, and that may be asking a lot; however, I know that I find it more than annoying and/or insulting when I apply for a position only to have the person who invited applications to pull out qualifiers that were omitted, intentionally or not, from the original posting. That, if anything, would seem to indicate how the company seeking to hire will probably treat the new hire.

If a company is interested only in hiring a person hailing from a certain geographic location, a certain gender, a certain ethnic background, or any other such criteria that may be less than politically correct, that company should recruit via a forum that sympathizes with their preferences. The only persons who can know this information are those persons seeking to fill the positions. Posting a job opening over an open forum implies that anybody can apply; there are other fora that appeal to a more restricted audience.

- Maury

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=