Specification Software/Templates?

Subject: Specification Software/Templates?
From: Kate Schommer <KSchommer -at- METSYSENG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:06:56 -0600

Our engineering department has asked me to help them develop specification templates and a process for creating specs. Yay!

Please note that the specs are NOT for software or computer hardware, but for machinery and materials -- we are a consulting firm in the consumer packaging industry.

Before I go crazy doing all the work from scratch, is anyone aware of an off-the-shelf software package or templates that are available for this kind of thing? (I wouldn't mind the challenge, but I need to investigate the alternatives first -- we aren't allowed to bill time to "wheel re-invention".)

Thanks!
Kate

Kate Schommer
Senior Technical Writer