Re: Dreamweaver Question

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver Question
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:12:00 -0600

I'm trying to import sound into Dreamweaver and
make it so that the sound will load when the page
downloads.

Bad Idea. What's the URL of this page, so I know to avoid it?

I've got this part figured out. But
then I want the user to have the option of
stopping the sound.

You've got it reversed. You should provide a button so that viewers who
want the sound can turn it on. It's never a good idea to annoy someone
first, then make them take action to stop it; the action they take is more
likely to be to resolve never to visit again. It's far better to offer
them the option of adding sound if they want it. You could even go to the
extent of putting their choice into a cookie, so that you start the sound
automatically the next time they visit, based on the fact they asked for
it.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224