Re: Camera Ready for Printing

Subject: Re: Camera Ready for Printing
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:47:46 -0500

Hallo:

Word cannot do full-color, in my experience. I think it can only handle
colored text. I have been able to produce b&w books using Word, because I
was required to. I used a service bureau that accepted electronic output and
created a PostScript printer file from Word using the service bureau's
driver of choice. Also, I was using TrueType fonts (very few of them,
though) an dno PS fonts. This was not a problem.

I lost all my hair dealing with autonumbering, graphics placement, large
file sizes, master docs, the Red X issue, and bonafide problems and crashes
due to extensive template customization in Word.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

P.S. Please do not read this as a flame. I use Word daily, just not for DTP
or long document creation. My experience is that Word is poorly suited for
this task. Although, my understanding is that the MS Press MS Word books are
all created and printed using Word (there must be a lot of bald writers on
the left coast<vbg>).

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=