Technical Editor Vacancy in the Netherlands

Subject: Technical Editor Vacancy in the Netherlands
From: Jane Sluijk-Brooks <jane -dot- sluijk -at- ASML -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:13:12 +0100

ASML in Veldhoven, the Netherlands is looking for a Technical Editor for
the Publications Department

ASML is a Veldhoven-based company that manufactures highly complex
production equipment for the semiconductor industry. With a staff of
more than 2000 in Veldhoven plus Sales and Service offices in the USA,
Europe and the Far East, ASML is a progressive company listed on the
Amsterdam and New York stock exchanges.

The Publications Department at ASML in Veldhoven produces documentation
for ASML's products, serving all customer, marketing, field service and
training needs.

To expand our team, we are looking for a highly motivated technical
editor. As editor in our department, responsible for the consistent
quality of our products, you will play a central role in the day-to-day
running of the department. Your tasks will involve editing
technically-reviewed copy produced by our teams of authors,
editing/checking user interface for the software department, maintaining
the ASML Controlled English User Guide, maintaining the Publications
Standards and Style Guides, working closely with authors, providing
feed-back and being responsible for a consistent house style.

You will work in a team of enthusiastic writers, all dedicated to the
quality and useability of their products.

Profile: technical (preferably engineering) background, at least 3
years experience in a similar editing function, experience in working
with controlled languages, good communication skills, result-oriented
but flexible, willing to re-locate.

If you are seriously interested in this position, please contact Jane
Sluijk-Brooks at ASML Publications Department, e-mail
jane -dot- sluijk -at- asml -dot- nl

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jane Sluijk-Brooks
n:              Sluijk-Brooks;Jane
org:            ASML
email;internet: jane -dot- sluijk -at- asml -dot- nl
title:          Group Leader Publications
tel;work:       040-2305067
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1