Re: Recruiters

Subject: Re: Recruiters
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:42:46 -0800

At 07:03 AM 3/4/99 -0800, Steven J. Owens wrote:
>Andrew Plato writes:
>> Also, do not expect an agency to reveal the client's name or company
>> until an interview is setup. Agencies get jobs ripped out from
>> underneath them all the time. They have to protect themselves.
>
> I understand and respect this, and I sympathize with your
>experiences. However, when a recruiter asks to submit my resume, I
>absolutely must know where the resume is going. It's my resume and I
>have every right to know who has it. I also have to protect myself
>from double-submissions, since I don't deal exclusively with one
>recruiter (unless the recruiter is willing to hire me full time and
>pay my rate).

Precisely. I have told each agency I have worked with over the years that
they may not present my resume without my consent. In order to give that
consent, I need to know where they want to present me. I, too, have worked
with more than one recruiter at a time, and must be vigilant that my resume
does not appear more than once for the same position. I also want to
prevent them from presenting me for positions at companies where I do not
want to work, often because of the company's location or because I don't
feel qualified to work in particular areas of technology.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
mailto:editrix -at- slip -dot- net

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=