Re: Long Distance Charges and Internet Document Delivery

Subject: Re: Long Distance Charges and Internet Document Delivery
From: Rebecca Stevenson <rstevens -at- HUBDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:58:33 -0500

I would imagine that for at least some companies, the equivalent of
imposing a per-use fee on the end users of their documentation would be
a substantial problem. For my company, for instance, which is currently
pursuing Internet applications as The Future, it could have serious
implications.

Speaking as a user, of course, I'd be appalled. My question is, how is
this supposed to work? Does the phone company have a way of knowing that
it's my modem making that local call to my ISP and not my dialing
finger?

Rebecca Stevenson
Technical Writer
Hub Data, Inc.