Re: What employers want (WAS grammar... etc.)

Subject: Re: What employers want (WAS grammar... etc.)
From: "Renee L. LaPlume" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:42:52 -0600

>How do you feel about combining experience and education? Is it your
>opinion that if I were to apply for a job ad that asks for 6+ years of
>experience, having only 3 years of experience but armed with a BS, I would
>be tossed out on my behind for ignoring the job experience requirements?

I normally wouldn't count education and experience
together in adding up years of experience -- to me
they are separate line items. However, as far as
applying for a job that listed a requirement of more
years of experience that I currently possessed...
I wouldn't let that stop me from applying. Generally
an employer will list the characteristics of their
preferred/ideal candidate; they may not find someone
who meets *all* of their criteria. Years of experience
is only one of the things they're going to be looking
at, and it may not even be close to the most important
one, all things considered.
Renee L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=