Re: QUERY: Name of wizard 'pages'

Subject: Re: QUERY: Name of wizard 'pages'
From: Jennifer Wrightsell <jwrightsell -at- ESRI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:58:04 -0800

My company calls them "panels". But "pages" sounds good too.


>Our software has a few wizards, which consist of four or more 'pages' -
>different sets of options on the same dialog, which the user moves between
>by clicking Back or Next.
>I am not sure if there is a standard term for each of these 'pages'. Are
>they, indeed, pages? Or does anyone have a better term?

The Microsoft Manual of Style doesn't mention a standard term for these.
I've used "pages" in my manuals as this was the best term I could come up
with, too. I think it conveys the concept reasonably well--you can flip
back and forth between Wizard "things" rather like pages in a book--and it
reads nicely in sentences.

- Scott.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Employment in Israel
Next by Author: Independent Contracting in Puget Sound Area..
Previous by Thread: Re: QUERY: Name of wizard 'pages'
Next by Thread: Computed text in Lotus Notes

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads