Re: Photography credits

Subject: Re: Photography credits
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:11:44 -0500

How are you getting their permission to print them if you haven't
contacted them?

Credit is not the issue here. Copyright is. Just because you've
contacted the person who's picture is being taken does not give
permission to print them. With studio posed pictures, often, the studio
retains the rights and ownership of the photo itself.

If the person can produce the negative, you have a better indication of
ownership. Studios who retain ownership will usualy retain the negative.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Telcordia Technologies, the company formerly known as Bellcore

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=