Re: Copyright wording for PDF's

Subject: Re: Copyright wording for PDF's
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:45:20 -0600

> So, we were toying with the idea of having the copyright text say something
> to the extent that it is OK to make copies from the PDF as opposed to making
> a copy of the PDF and then taking that to a copy center and having mass
> copies made.
(snip)
> Additionally, my boss wants to put some kind of "This manual is copyright of
> DSC", or something along those lines, on the bottom of every other page of
> our manual.

If you *really* want to prevent your customers from making 500 copies at
Copies R Us, a line like this will probably prevent it, since most (if
not all) copy centers will not copy the document without written
permission from the copyright owner. Of course, that won't stop them
from *printing* as many copies as they want, or using their own copier,
but it will slow them down :-).

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=