FW: More on one manual, two products

Subject: FW: More on one manual, two products
From: Lynn Perry <CLPerry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:51:51 -0800

In PageMaker, you have a *lot* more freedom with placement than in Word. I
haven't used PM 6.5, but I suspect the concept is the same. Personally, I
think it best to put the icon outside the text margin. This makes it hard to
keep the icon with the associated text, though. You could also try using the
icon as a drop cap (I think you have to format a character as hidden and
assign the drop cap for it to work).

Unfortunately, I cannot send an example except as text, so it would look
something like this:
______
| | This is a paragraph of text that goes along with
| | this icon. I hope this works, but every text editor
| | is different, so just squint a little and imagine.
~~~~~~

I primarily use bitmap images for on-screen viewing in Windows environments
and .gif images for HTML-type browser viewing. If this is to be a printed
doc, you should check out the Adobe Web site for suggestions. In fact, when
PageMaker was Aldus', their doc was terrific. Perhaps some of that has
carried over into Adobe.

C. Lynn Perry
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
Wall Data Incorporated / Seattle WA
Some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=