Re: Guesstimate THIS! (was RE: Contracting Experiences

Subject: Re: Guesstimate THIS! (was RE: Contracting Experiences
From: "Frick, Geri" <Geri -dot- Frick -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 08:39:23 -0700

I've worked as a contract writer (both freelance/independent and as agency sponsored) for almost 10 years and I've always worked by the hour. No one ever asked me to bid a dollar figure, although most are interested in knowing how long I think a project will take. My biggest lesson learned is to write down all the expectations (write a spec) and give everyone a copy at the beginning of a job. Memories fade, paper's proof, and organization counts!

Cheers!

Geri Frick
Technical Communicator
Delivery Systems Certification & Training
The Boeing Company

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=