Salary for beginners

Subject: Salary for beginners
From: Michelle Renee Guerra <MR_Guerra -at- ACAD -dot- FANDM -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:08:33 +0100

Hi all,
I've been following the salary discussions with great interest. I'm
graduating from college (BA in English) and won't start interviewing until
this summer. (I'm in PA and moving to Austin, TX, btw). I can understand
the high salaries for people with a great deal of experience, but I'm
looking for a place that will be willing to offer a little training for a
beginner with a writing background who lacks some of the experience and
program knowledge you all have.

So, let's say I get lucky and find a company willing to give a beginner a
chance--what kind of salary can I expect to be offered and what would be a
reasonable number for me to ask for? I realize it varies from region to
region but I'd appreciate any comments, especially from anyone in the
Austin area, or suggestions on where to go about finding the information
for beginners.

Thanks,
Michelle Guerra

MR_Guerra -at- acad -dot- fandm -dot- edu

Resume URL: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Atrium/7651/

"'If only one could leave behind a little something to make
others stop and think...'"
--"The Inanimate Object," Charles Simic

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=