engineers

Subject: engineers
From: "JUST ANOTHER CANADIAN, EH?" <SLM5V -at- CC -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:03:52 -0700

Hello, everyone! This is my first post to the list, so please be kind.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the current state of the relationship
between writers and the esteemed wizards, engineers, in industry. I ask because
I work with a smart young woman, graduating soon with a degree in Computer
Engineering. Yesterday she ranted on Tech Writers as "useless, overpaid, and
not altogether capable" of understanding what she and her peers do. Is this
typical? Or is this simply the musings of a naive young intellect, without
exposure to the real world? Just hoping it's different in real life.

Graham Fredrickson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=