Re: Need working-at-home advice

Subject: Re: Need working-at-home advice
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:55:27 -0500

Howdy,

This was the problem I had as well. It would get very lonely working
at home alone all day. I have a husband, but one person is not enough
to fill my communciation needs (poor guy almost lost his hearing until I
figured that out).

Here are a few things that helped:
* Make lunch dates with working friends. Go to them--since you have
more flexibility, you can meet them easier.
* Call people at the office to "just check in". You get to talk a
little,
hear about the latest office stuff, and usually find out something
about your current job that was missed in the official channels.
* Music helps with that ghostly silence.
* Call and talk with friends while your doing the brain numbing stuff
(you know, the repetitive stuff that has just enough variables that
you cannot write a macro for it).

Actually, I'm happy I am back in an office right now. I have a habit of
getting home and staying there and right now I need to be around
people (some of that personal crud going on). I do enjoy telecommuting,
but there is a right time and place for everything.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices