Re: Hours of Labor per work day.

Subject: Re: Hours of Labor per work day.
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:07:33 -0400

Hallo:

Pull a reverse-Scotty and settle for 5.5 hours per day. 6.5 or 7 seems high.
I would imagine that a PC crash, software snag, unexpected phone call,
email, memo, meetings, bathroom breaks, and daydreaming, or any such
combination could easily wreck your 6.5 or 7 hour estimate of productive
worktime. Reading your email and writing mine took a couple of minutes away
from my day (of course, I came in 90 minutes early). Also, this morning, a
failed attempt by Sysop to install some antivirus software on my PC burned
20 minutes or so.

As I said, 5.5 hours is my best guess and it leaves a little wiggle room.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=