Re: Hours of Labor per work day.

Subject: Re: Hours of Labor per work day.
From: R G Wallen <rgwallen -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:27:42 -0700

Greetings!

Based on observation, the typical productivity generated is 5.0 to 5.5
hours per 8 hour day, 7.5 hours per 12 hour day. This includes the .5
hour designation for breaks, .75 hour designation for dinner break, .75
to 1.5 hours for communication requirements and .5 to 3.75 hours for
miscellaneous requirements (e.g. research, social visits, promotional
visits, etc.)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:47:27 -0500 Michael Egan <Michael -dot- Egan -at- DACG -dot- COM>
writes:

> At the company where I work, the planning project officer could
> calculate the number of hours a project would take. The director
wanted to
> find out the number of workdays required.
>
> The obvious solution would be to divide by 8. But is that
> realistic? Are there any studies that suggest otherwise. Or even an
industry
> standard?
>
> The planning officer added up typical meetings, required
> readings, etc. and came up with 6.5 to 7 hours of work per day.
>
> Comments?

Richard Wallen

We're still gaining on it... a little more each day
Sharing ideas that matter... with people who care!
mailto:rgwallen -at- juno -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=