Re: Scalding vat of liquid tungsten, please (was Educating Rita)

Subject: Re: Scalding vat of liquid tungsten, please (was Educating Rita)
From: Beth Agnew <BAgnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:13:16 -0400

The product development process moves from external (marketing requirements
based on customer needs) to internal (engineering design, object models,
code) and back to external before it can be usable by the customer.

Technical writers are instrumental in externalizing the product. We help the
developers look at a product from the user's point of view, early enough
that it can be improved or corrected to meet usability goals. We are
surrogate users who have the ability to bridge the technology gap between
developers and their customers. It doesn't mean developers can't do it; just
that it's our job to ensure it is done.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Manager, Information Development

InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/bute/52/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=