Re: skill level & what to include on resume

Subject: Re: skill level & what to include on resume
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:27:45 -0700

Brierley, Sean wrote:

| As for the Word experience, just list the experience with the app
| and don't
| tie it to a particular platform. If you are proficient with the program on
| Mac, you will be in Windows, too (expect more speed and more
| crashes <vbg>).

I really don't think this is a fair statement. I teach RoboHELP classes
regularly, and intermediate-level knowledge of Word is a pre-requisite for
the class. On occasion, we have had students who are very proficient with
Word on Macintosh but had no prior ewperience with Word for Windows. In
every case, these students really struggled to keep up with the class. I
haven't used Word on Mac for many years, but I think there must be quite a
few differences between the Mac and Windows versions! (One of which is, no
doubt, just as Sean wrote, that the Windows version crashes more often!)

Cheers ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=