Re: Illegitimate Questions?????

Subject: Re: Illegitimate Questions?????
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:02:09 -0400

Melonie; (and others)

I wasn't sugesting that you actually ask for the recruiter's list, and
neither (I think) was the submittor of the hypothetical situation.
Absolutely the recruiter should discuss submissions with you. You don't want
your resume sent to the place you got fired from a year ago, do you? Of
course not! ;-)

As for recruiters saying they are submitting to a company then never do...
many possibilities here, that two major ones being

"sleazy recruiter" going for the place they KNOW will hire you as opposed to
a place where you may not get the job, thereby ensuring their commissions
and
"busy company" or "person you spoke to don't know bupkiss" where the company
can't possibly remember every person who applied, and resumes from
recruiters _usually_ aren't kept in HR's files.

See ya!
Lisa Comeau
Accounts Representative
Client Services Group