Re: Illegitimate Questions?????

Subject: Re: Illegitimate Questions?????
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:42:28 -0500

Howdy,

Personally, I will not accept a blind submission. I have
been in the industry long enough to know there are certain
companies I don't want to work for.

I cannot imagine asking a recruiter to give me a list of
everyone they are recruiting for. I do require that they
DISCUSS each submission with me beforehand though.
We will discover at this time whether or not I already
have been submitted to that company.

That brings up a question I have about recruiters. In my
job hunt last fall, 2 or 3 times I had recruiters telling me
they had submitted me to a company which later I found
out they never did. Anyone know why they do that?
Needless to say, I will not contact those recruiters when
my contract is up, but I still don't understand their reasoning.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing
Advanced Micro Devices