Re: FW: Need input

Subject: Re: FW: Need input
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:07:53 -0700

Yesterday the other writer and I had a come to Jesus meeting with the person
acting as project manager - note there is no project manager, which has
caused many of these sorts of problems - and explained what was possible.

We explained that they could have the manual in moments if they were willing
to give up certain things - like consecutive page numbering. Or, with a
little notice, they could have the following things and then we listed them
in order of time. Then we explained that doing each of these things also
meant that we wouldn't be working on other stuff. What do the execs want?

They really think that if someone who knows computers opens Frame, it should
be easy. I explained that I teach Frame and it take 5 weeks to get smart
people to get the basics and then one of us writers would have to spend a
week working with the person to get them up to speed on what we specifically
are doing and how. And that time was all billable and meant that we can't
work on other stuff. What do they want?

Regardless of what they want, they must set up one computer - as we were
promised a month ago - with all the right stuff or the entire conversation
is moot. Without Frame, fonts, Distiller, Exchange, etc, none of this can
occur. Then they must not use this machine as the accounting server or send
it on the road or use it for training.

She is talking to the execs and we will see. I am not walking (yet) but I am
very irritated. May not work for them again unless we change how things
work. Dynamic is one thing, hourly changing your mind is another.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the unofficial RoboHELP newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!