Re: Units of Scroll

Subject: Re: Units of Scroll
From: "Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)" <Marilyn_Baldwin -at- CAPGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:58:41 -0700

Kathy Ellis said:
>> Does anyone know if there is a term and a measurement of screen
>> movement for a click in the scroll bar and for a click of the
>> scroll arrow?

I guess I'd just say "Scroll to the left (or right) to see..." or "Page up (or
down) to see..." Scrolling and paging are pretty basic concepts. I don't get
why "units" of either matter so much, unless your maps are marked somehow across
the top and down the sides - like Thomas Bros. maps where you go to the C-6 area
to find the street you're looking for.

Also, depending on how the users arrange their desktops (e.g., some might keep
their e-mail full-screen, their word processer half-screen, and your product
about two-thirds screen size; others might prefer your map full-screen, etc.),
the units you specified might yield quite different results.

Is there any way to move away from this concept of "units"?

- Marilyn Baldwin
(mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)

". . .still a man hears what he wants to hear/and disregards the rest. . ."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank -Reply
Next by Author: Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?
Previous by Thread: Re: Units of Scroll
Next by Thread: Re: Units of Scroll

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads