Phrasing recommendations

Subject: Phrasing recommendations
From: Lief Erickson <lerickso -at- MQSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:21:46 -0500

I searched the books I own and the list archives and did not find any
information about phrasing recommendations and I hope the list can help.

Currently the manual reads, "We recommend that you do not change the user
name and leave the default." The "We recommend" part is where I shudder
(and struggle). I do not want to say "It is recommended..." either.

How should I phrase a recommendation for installation or a setting within a
software program? Any suggestions?

-Lief Erickson
MQSoftware, Inc.
lerickson -at- mqsoftware -dot- com