Re: Interview from hell

Subject: Re: Interview from hell
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:21:14 -0400

Many years ago, I interviewed for a position at a large multi-national company.
Approx. 3 weeks after the interview, I received a TNT from them, which came
postage due. I didn't know what the letter said, so I felt I had to pay the
postage. I felt that was the largest insult, making me pay for my own
rejection letter!

A few years after that, another department at that company successfully
recruited me, and that began a very long, rewarding career with that company,
in a number of progressive positions.

Moral of this story: Don't let the actions of one ignorant individual colour
your opinion of the company as a whole. The person who interviewed you,
failed to respond, treated you like sh**, may not even be there 6 months down
the road. Or circumstances may occur (as in my case) where you finally end up
with a job at the company with that particular individual reporting to you.

I have been known though to send letters to executives of companies expressing
my disappointment in their staff's lack of common courtesy, while still
expressing my admiration for the products, services, etc. of the company. I
find that very effective <g>.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree