Re: Contract work for the first time . . .

Subject: Re: Contract work for the first time . . .
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:14:34 -0700

Michael Schiesl writes:
> I will be migrating into contract work by next March. Two resources
> that I recommend are 'Making Money in Technical Writing' (Peter
> Kent) and 'The Law (in Everyday English) for Small Businesses' (by
> ?). These items, plus faith in God, should be able to help clear up
> the haziness in contracting issues, and should help you establish
> your business.

Janet Ruhl has written two books. One, _The Computer
Consultant's Guide_, is well written and directed at the nuts and
bolts of consulting - and as such, while oriented and computer
consulting, is also quite useful for people consulting in related
fields. She has a second book out, aimed at contractors. I haven't
read it yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=