Re: Photos/graphics in MS Word

Subject: Re: Photos/graphics in MS Word
From: "Klopfenstein, Ed (AFS)" <edk -at- ACCU-FAB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:59:57 -0700

Mary wrote:

I even have to update the Field Codes to see the photo, then resize
again, center again and re-add the border.

I had this problem in the past and had success with the following:

Resized the original graphic to fit on page
Left "Float Over Text" (from paste special) unchecked
Embedded most small graphics

I find that linking is nice on your file size but a pain to maintain.
Thoughts from others is appreciated.

I'm also sending a simple VBA macro that updates your fields just like using
CTRL+A+F9, but tells you if you've got field errors.

Hope it helps make life easier.

Ed

*******

Sub UpdateTables()
Dim strResults As String

If ActiveDocument.Fields.Update = 0 Then
ActiveDocument.Fields.UpdateSource
ActiveDocument.Save
MsgBox "Update Successful. Please manually update" _
& Chr$(10) & _
Chr$(10) & "Table of Tables", vbInformation, "Reset Results"
Else
MsgBox "You have a field that isn't linked, creating an error." _
& "Use Word's FIND program to search for the word 'Error!'.'",
vbYesNo, "Reset Results"
End If
End Sub

Ed Klopfenstein