Re: Any UNIX users out there?

Subject: Re: Any UNIX users out there?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:05:28 -0400

On 6/7/1999 6:40 PM, Sandra Dixon (sdixon -at- BBN -dot- COM) wrote:

>This is a naive question, but are you saying that Framemaker is not
>supported on free Unix platforms (such as Linux)? Perhaps I'm
>misunderstanding your statement. I'm new to Frame and was thinking of
>getting a copy for my Linux box at home...but don't want to go to the
>trouble if it won't compile for the OS.

Not naive at all. It might compile under Linux, but that won't help
because Adobe won't release the source. This link lists the UNIX
platforms where Adobe supports FM 5.5, as well as a few places it may run
unsupported:

http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/NOTES/43ba.htm

Other than that, they're not saying (that I can find) whether they'll
ever support any of the Linux platforms out there. Can't hurt to ask,
though, just to let Adobe know there's interest.

Hope this helps,
----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=