Re: Interview from hell -- question

Subject: Re: Interview from hell -- question
From: Chris Hamilton <caxdj -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:35:27 -0400

Someone wrote:

> [...]

To which Chris responds:

While I applaud individuality, technical writers usually have to work
with SMEs. If a technical writer shows up to talk to an SME and has
personal grooming eccentricities, that technical writer will be roundly
ridiculed by the SME and his or her buddies (other SMEs). That's not the
equation for productive relations and good documentation.

I'm sure there are many interesting reasons why people don't bathe.
There are also many interesting reasons why my boss could kick my rear
end. Hiring someone who smells so bad the SMEs won't deal with him is
just one of them.

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton