Re: Getting moved from engineering to marketing

Subject: Re: Getting moved from engineering to marketing
From: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- EPICOR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:01:41 -0700

Hi Beth,

I just got moved from Marketing to Development. Here are the positives about
being in our Marketing department:

- You get a fresh perspective on how customers want to use your product.
This can really help you write more effective end-user doc. If you are not
writing for end users, it doesn't help much. By the way, user docs *are*
partly marketing tools.

- You may get to learn some new tools and processes. You may get to produce
some flashy brochures and web pages. You will probably get to stretch the
truth quite a bit. But it is an exercise in creativity!

- The theories and methods are really interesting. It's not all fluff,
really.

- The folks in Marketing have better parties!

I'm telling you the good stuff because I'm sure you are aware of the bad
stuff. But let me know if you want more.

In the meantime, is there any reason that you still can't go to the
engineering meetings?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=