Re: Postscript driver problem

Subject: Re: Postscript driver problem
From: Bill Fetzner <BFetzner -at- ETCCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:18:01 -0500

Warren ~ Have you tried changing the heading font? I had a similar problem
with Frame where I was using Zapf Dingbat and the printer wouldn't follow
it. What I saw on the screen wouldn't print that way. I reasoned that the
printer had its own Dingbat font and was using that even though I was trying
to download the Dingbat from the computer, and apparently the printer font
file was a bit different. I used a different symbol font and the problem
went away.
~ Bill

"I have been experiencing some frustrating problems when producing
the
> postscript files for our FrameMaker and MS Word manuals. When I print the
> postscript file and open it using Ghostview or convert it into a PDF using
> distiller, pages are systematically missing certain letters, which for
> some
> reason have been dropped. If I try reprinting to a poscript file again,
> the
> exact same letters are missing. Usually, these are letters at the end of a
> title or the last letter in a sentence."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=