Allyn & Bacon books

Subject: Allyn & Bacon books
From: "Ternes, Andreas" <A -dot- Ternes -at- SPS-PRESSEN -dot- DE>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:30:56 +0200

Hello fellow techwriters,

I remember that a few months ago there was a discussion about Wiley's
technical communication books and why there are no new titles. While
searching the internet for other books of interest in the technical
communication field I discovered the new Allyn & Bacon series in technical
communication. They have four books in this series at the moment (but they
have many others about technical writing). These four books are:

Writing Software Documentation: A Task Oriented Approach
Designing Visual Language: Strategies for Technical Communication
Technical Writing Style
Technical Editing

Have any of you read one of these books and can recommend one (or more)?
As I have said in an earlier post there are not so many books about
technical writing in Germany and I have to order books from the US to stay
in touch with new development in our field.

TIA and greetings from Germany
Andreas Ternes

PS For those interested, these books can be found at www.abacon.com/tcseries

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=