Re: Bold or not bold...that is the question

Subject: Re: Bold or not bold...that is the question
From: Susana Rosende <SRosende -at- THEFUND -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:23:42 -0400

Kathy and all:

I'd searched our office library shelves for this book and finally found it
today. Sure enough, the following information is stated in the section named
"Document Conventions."

Item: User input

Convention: Usually lowercase (note also bold or italic, depending on
element), unless case-sensitive or to match standard capitalization
conventions

Example: Type -ppassword (The first 'p' is bold; 'password' is italic.)

I understand the example to mean 'password' could be either bold or italic.

--Susana Rosende